PHASE ONE HOURS
• Opening MONDAY, JUNE 1
• Open 5 am-1 pm & 3-8 pm Monday-Friday
Seniors only time: 1:30-3 pm Monday-Friday; cardio deck only with area cleaned 1-1:30 pm
7 a.m.-2 pm Saturdays; Closed Sundays
• CLOSED FOR CLEANING: The YMCA will close each day from 1-3 pm for cleaning and sanitizing.
PHASE ONE GUIDELINES
` • Grand Island Y members only (No non-members, guest passes, day passes, or nationwide membership)
• No towel service.
• Bring your own equipment, basketballs, etc.
• No hot tub, steam room, dry sauna
• AGE RESTRICTIONS: No children under age 16 may be dropped off. Anyone under the age of 16 MUST be accompanied by a parent or guardian (older than 19) and MUST stay in the same area to ensure proper social distancing.
• All members are asked to wear a mask when entering and exiting the building. A mask is not required during your workout.
• Maintain 6-foot social distance at all times.
• Every other piece of cardiac equipment will be shut down to insure proper social distancing.
• No more than 20 members will be allowed at one time in the weight area.
• Upon check-in, all members will receive sanitation bottle and towel to use and return when leaving.
• Members must disinfect all equipment before and after use including all of the free weights.
GROUP EXERCISE ROOM
• A limited fitness schedule will be available upon opening. Classes will be added back throughout the summer.
• Social distance signs will be placed on the floor.
• Open for up to 12 members at a time
• Any members younger than 16 must be with a parent/guardian over 19. NO UNACCOMPANIED CHILDREN UNDER 16.
• South gym: child care & fitness only
• North gym: open to members
• Four people per hoop (or more if immediate family)
• No pickup games
• Bring your own basketballs and sweat towels.
In phase one, the swimming pool is open only for swim lessons and lap swimming, by reservation (see below). Family swim and fitness classes will hopefully start in phase two.
Phase one pool schedule:
6-8:30 am — lap/fitness swim
8:30-11 am — swim lessons
11:00 am-1:00 pm — lap/fitness swim
1:30 pm-3 pm — child care/school age
3-7 pm — lap/swim lessons/swim team
7 am-1 pm — lap
• Sunday — Closed
Locker room use is discouraged. The weather is getting warmer so please do not shower after you get out of the pool and do not linger in the locker room. Maintain proper social distancing of 6 feet and please wear a mask.
• Child Watch is open Monday – Friday, 8-11 am & 5-7 pm. Closed Saturday and Sunday.
• No child under age 2; must be potty trained
• 8 children maximum
• Must register for a one-hour time slot at front desk (see below)
• Staff will follow child care guidelines (see below).
WHAT YMCA STAFF WILL DO
WHAT YMCA STAFF WILL DO
• Staff will wear masks when serving members
• Staff will remind member to not touch the scanner
• Staff will help to maintain a safe and clean environment
CHILD CARE GUIDELINES
• Staff will meet child(ren) at the entrance
• Temperatures will be taken
• Questions about symptoms will be asked at each visit:
Has your child:
had a fever of 99 degrees or higher?
had a persistent cough?
had difficulty breathing?
had contact with anyone who is COVID 19 positive?
been practicing social distancing?
RESERVING A SPOT
• To limit access to areas, members must register by calling or visiting with the front desk staff. Reservation may be made 24 hours ahead.