Co-Ed + Women's Sand Volleyball & Co-Ed Spikeball Leagues
- May 1st - August 10th (no games on 4th of July week)
- Tuesday League: 6 on 6 Co-Ed Competitive VB
- Wednesday Leagues: 6 on 6 Rec Co-Ed VB or 2 on 2 Spikeball
- Thursday League: 6 on 6 Women’s Rec VB
- Friday League: 6 on 6 Rec VB
- Tournament Start Date: Week of August 21st
- Games start at 6:00pm
- Leagues are 14 weeks, followed by a tournament; awards will be presented for 1st place
- Games are played at Super Bowl in Grand Island, NE located at 1010 E. Bismark Rd.
- Each game will consist of 3 sets to 21 points
- Teams will ref their own games
- You must be 18 years of age and not participating on a high school or college volleyball team
- Each team must submit a roster of players (see bottom and back of this form) of not more than twelve (12) individuals for Volleyball and four (4) individuals for Spikeball
- You must complete a registration form for each league you wish to participate in
- All who register qualify for a FREE session of Fall League
- Registration deadline: April 24th
- All fees must be paid by the first game, or your team will be removed from the league.
Volleyball Fees: $125/team of all Y members; $150/team of mixed, members & program members
Spikeball Fees: $45/team of all Y members; $60/team of mixed, members & program members
HOW TO PLAY SPIKEBALL
1) The sport of Spikeball (roundnet) is played 2 vs 2, with a hoola hoop sized Spikeball net placed between the teams.
2) A player starts a point by serving the ball down on the net so it ricochets up at his opponents. They have up to three hits between them (just like Volleyball) to control the ball and bounce it back off the net. When they miss, you score.
3) There are no boundaries. Once a point starts, players can move or hit the ball anywhere.
For more information about Spikeball coming to the Y, visit with Briar or contact us with your email address and we'll keep you up to date on when Spikeball League starts.