This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Responsible for the inputting of data and information for accounting transactions.
1. Accurately and efficiently enter data related to accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll.
2. Ensure timely data entry of invoices, verification of proper approvals, accurate/appropriate General Ledger coding, and keeping files up to date. Initiate regular check runs, reconcile monthly statements. Be able to work and communicate well with outside accountants. Prepare data files for exporting to our accountant. Understand all documentation entered into data files exported and received back from outside accountants. File and organize documentation to support monthly adjustments from outside accountants. Perform necessary reconciliations and provide supporting documentation when requested. Generate and mail invoices for the Annual Community Support Campaign.
3. Works with Quickbooks, Daxko, Paycom and other software or programs related to accounting.
4. Participates in staff meetings and/or related meetings.
5. Performs other duties as assigned.