LAND FITNESS CLASS DESCRIPTIONS
Exercise is a great way to feel better, gain health benefits and have fun! Would you like to check out one of our classes? Take a look at our Fitness Schedule. And don't forget our Water Exercise Classes, too.
- BODYATTACKTM - sports-inspired cardio workout that builds strength and stamina. A high-energy class that combines athletic aerobic movements with strength and stabilization exercises.
- Cycle/Sculpt 30 minutes of cycling followed by strength and toning exercises using both body weight and hand weights.
- Sculpt– non-aerobic, muscle-toning class, focused on core strength. May use light weights, exercise bands, dumbbells, or a combination.
- GRIT® - Short, sharp bursts of effort allow you to reach maximum training zones. This high intensity interval training class (HIIT) is offered in three forms strength, cardio, and plyo.
- Group Cycling / RPM ★ For all fitness levels. A cardiovascular workout by changing pedaling rate and degree of resistance on the bike. Contact the front desk to reserve your spot in class.
- Tabata / HIIT a high intensity interval training workout. A combination of basic exercises done with interval timing and periodic breaks.
- PiYo– combines muscle-sculpting, core-firming benefits of Pilates with the strength and flexibility advantages of of Yoga. Increased cardio to deliver a fat burning low impact workout.
- Body Combat is a high-energy martial arts-inspired workout that is non-contact. No experience needed.
- Zumba Gold– Recreates the original Zumba moves at a lower intensity with easy to follow choreography that focuses on balance, range of motion and coordination.
- BODYPUMP® The original barbell class that strengthens your entire body. This 60-minute workout challenges all your major muscle groups by using the best weight-room exercises like squats, presses, lifts and curls. Great music, awesome instructors and your choice of weight inspire you to get the results you came for and fast! Remember you can contact the Front Desk to reserve your spot up to 24 hours in advance.
- CXWORXTM Looking for a short, sharp workout that’ll inspire you to the next level of fitness, while strengthening and toning your body? CXWORX™ is for you! CXWORX™ really hones in on the torso and sling muscles that connect your upper body to your lower body. It’s ideal for tightening your tummy and butt, while also improving functional strength and assisting in injury prevention. It’ll help you run faster, play harder, stand stronger!
- Yoga ★ Breathing and relaxation techniques along with the ability to learn how to discipline the mind form a complete workout in Intermediate/Advanced Yoga.
- Ball Blast ★ Core class with the use of a mobility ball. Improves flexibility, range of motion, and core strength. Great for all fitness levels.
- SilverSneakers ® Classic ★ Have fun and move to the music through a variety of exercises designed to increase muscular strength, range of movement and activities for daily living. Hand-held weights, elastic tubing with handles and a SilverSneakers ball are offered for resistance. A chair is available if needed for seated or standing support.
- SilverSneakers ® Yoga ★ You will move your whole body through a complete series of seated and standing yoga poses. Chair support is offered to safely perform a variety of seated and standing postures designed to increase flexibility, balance and range of movement. Restorative breathing exercises and final relaxation will promote stress reduction and mental clarity.
- Tai Chi for Fall Prevention / Tai Chi for Arthritis ★ works to enhance flexibility, improve balance, increase muscle strength, and improve overall health.
- POUND–a rhythm-based workout with a combination of cardio and core strength set to music with simulated drumming with weighted drumsticks.
★ BEGINNER FRIENDLY Our Instructors care about your safety as you exercise. They offer modifications to movements to assist those at different fitness levels or those with injuries. Please let your instructor know if you need modifications.